HOW TO OBTAIN NIGERIAN MARITIME ADMINISTRATION AND SAFETY AGENCY CERTIFICATE IN NIGERIA
Step by step guide on how to obtain Nigerian maritime administration and safety agency certificate in Nigeria
To obtain a NIMASA (Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency) certificate in Nigeria, you will typically need to submit several documents. The specific requirements may vary depending on the type of certificate you are applying for and the purpose of your maritime activities. However, here are some common documents that are often required:
1. Application Form: Fill out the official application form provided by NIMASA. This form captures your personal and business information.
2. Company Registration Documents: Provide copies of your company's Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum and Articles of Association, and Forms C02 and C07.
3. Tax Clearance Certificate: Submit your company's current Tax Clearance Certificate from the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) to prove your tax compliance.
4. Proof of Ownership/Lease Agreement: Provide documents showing proof of ownership or lease agreement for the vessel(s) you intend to operate.
5. Vessel Documentation: Include the vessel's registration documents, including the Certificate of Registry, International Tonnage Certificate (ITC), and IMO number.
6. Certificate of Fitness: Submit the vessel's valid Certificate of Fitness, indicating compliance with safety and seaworthiness standards.
7. Insurance Certificate: Provide proof of valid maritime insurance coverage for the vessel(s) and crew.
8. Crew Documentation: Include copies of the seafarers' certificates, including Certificates of Competency (CoC), Seafarer's Identification Document (SID), and Passport.
9. Maritime Security Certificate: If applicable, submit a valid Maritime Security Certificate issued by the Nigerian Navy or another approved security agency.
10. Safety Management System (SMS): For certain certificates, you may need to provide a copy of your company's SMS manual or safety policies.
11. Payment Receipt: Include proof of payment for the application fee and any other associated fees.
It is important to note that these requirements are general guidelines, and the exact documents and procedures may vary depending on the specific certificate you are applying for and any recent updates to the regulations. It is recommended to visit the official NIMASA website or contact their offices directly for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the application process.