HOW TO LODGE COMPLAINT AGAINST BANKS IN NIGERIA
Step by step guide on how to lodge a complaint against banks in Nigeria.
To lodge a complaint against a bank in Nigeria, you can follow these steps:
1. Contact the Bank: Start by contacting your bank's customer service department to express your complaint and seek resolution.
2. Use Their Internal Complaint Process: Most banks have an internal complaint resolution process. Follow their instructions to escalate your complaint within the bank.
3. Submit a Written Complaint: If your issue remains unresolved, submit a written complaint to the bank's head office or relevant regulatory authority, such as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN)
4. Contact the Consumer Protection Department: Reach out to the Consumer Protection Department of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) with your complaint. You can find their contact information on the CBN's official website.
5. Ombudsman: If your complaint still isn't resolved, you can approach the Financial Ombudsman (Bank Ombudsman) designated by the Central Bank of Nigeria for further assistance.
6. Legal Action: If all else fails, you may consider legal action through the appropriate legal channels.
Remember to keep records of all communications, dates, and names of individuals you spoke with during the complaint process.