HOW TO MAKE COMPLAINT FOR ESTIMATED BILLS IN NIGERIA
Step by step guide on how to make compliant for estimated bills.
To make a complaint about estimated bills in Nigeria, you can follow these steps:
1. Contact your electricity distribution company: Reach out to your local electricity distribution company's customer service. You can find their contact information on your bill or their official website.
2. Gather relevant information: Make sure to have your account number, meter number, and previous bills on hand when contacting them. This will help them identify and address your complaint more effectively.
3. Explain the issue: Clearly explain that you have been receiving estimated bills and provide specific instances where you believe the billing has been inaccurate.
4. Request a meter reading: Ask the company to send a representative to your location to take an actual meter reading. This will help ensure your future bills are based on accurate usage.
5. Document everything: Keep a record of your communication with the electricity distribution company, including dates, names of customer service representatives, and the details of your complaint.
6. Escalate if needed: If your complaint isn't resolved satisfactorily, you can escalate the matter to higher authorities within the company or relevant regulatory agencies.
7. Seek assistance: You can also contact the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to seek assistance in resolving the issue. They oversee the electricity sector and can intervene if necessary